Turnaround and Restructuring
KordaMentha has a track record in critically assessing companies and their management teams, then devising and assisting with the implementation of corporate turnaround solutions.
We provide strategic and financial analysis of under-performing companies. Our engagement may take the form of a business viability review, where we report directly to the board, or it may cover areas such as:
- a background of the company’s operations
- an assessment of accounting policies, financial systems and controls
- an assessment of appropriate debt structure and bank security issues
- a review of key management personnel
- a review of other corporate finance alternatives such as acquisitions or disposals
- business plan development
- cash flow and working capital management
- negotiations with lenders and shareholders on behalf of management
- methods to improve cash generation and profitability
- key recommendations to the company on strategic direction
- key recommendations to the lender on business viability and methods to mitigate risk.
If early steps are taken to address the causes of under-performance, appropriate measures can be executed to develop a coordinated and achievable recovery plan.
Providing strategies based on awareness and creativity, we approach all engagements with an open mind and a desire to retain and create value. Wherever possible, we innovate and explore creative alternatives to the path of least resistance.
While we are known for our work on high profile formal engagements such as Ansett, Griffin Coal and Timbercorp, we also undertake confidential turnaround and restructuring engagements. Some of our greater achievements are also our best-kept secrets. Clients trust our level of discretion and integrity.
During our turnaround and restructuring engagements, we draw upon our insolvency expertise, as well as the financial, consulting and analytical skills within 333, KordaMentha Forensics and KordaMentha Real Estate Advisory.