Melbourne +61 3 8623 3410
Save details to Outlook
'KordaMentha clients benefit from my extensive and wide ranging forensic accounting experience, which is strongly influenced by the significant number of times I have given expert evidence in courts and arbitrations. My approach to all my engagements is to ensure that the users of my reports get to understand the complexities of the situation and, particularly when dealing with issues of loss and damage, a clear understanding of how much money is really at stake and what are the key drivers that may change this. At the end of the day all forensic accounting work is aimed at bringing structure, order and clarity to complex financial issues. My aim is that the insight and analysis in my reports helps the users of those reports – whether a judge, arbitrator, lawyer or in-house counsel – to make better informed decisions, which requires me to maintain objectivity at all stages.'
Owain manages the KordaMentha Forensics team and has over 25 years experience in a wide range of forensic accounting projects. He was previously the Oceania Head of Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services for Ernst & Young, managing a team of over 50 across Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. Prior to that Owain worked for Andersen in Melbourne (1997-2002), Singapore (1990- 1997) and London (1984-1990).
His recent experience includes expert witness related forensic accounting services (including preparation of expert reports and/or giving oral testimony) in the Australian Federal Court, the Supreme Court and County Court of Victoria, the Supreme Court and High Court of Singapore, the Supreme Court of Vanuatu and given evidence in arbitrations in Australia, Hong Kong and USA.
- Expert Witness - Quantification of Economic Loss - Owain has provided numerous expert witness and consulting expert reports in respect of the quantification of economic loss and damage, including the valuation of a number of businesses, in matters such as breach of contract, Trade Practices Act etc.
- Expert Witness - Intellectual Property Matters - Owain has undertaken economic loss and account of profit analysis for a range of intellectual property related claims.
- Expert Determination - Owain has worked in a number of post-acquisition purchase price adjustment disputes requiring the involvement of an expert determination, both as the expert and in the preparation of submissions to an expert.
- Special Referee - Owain has, on a number of occasions, acted as Special Referee, appointed by the Supreme Court of Victoria, to determine accounting matters in dispute between parties.
- Fraud Investigation - Owain has been involved in, and run, a number of investigations into allegations of fraud.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - Owain has undertaken a number of investigations that have specifically considered corruption and FCPA issues.
- Fraud Risk Management - Owain has undertaken a number of fraud risk management engagements.